A responsible email campaign involves following certain guidelines, right from the point of obtaining email lists to sending out the actual emails. Permission based email marketing or opt-in email marketing can also be termed as responsible email marketing but not to that extent. List Sorcerer's CanSpam Compliant Edition is a leading email software that is designed in a manner as to faciliate the responsible flow of your email marketing campaign.
- Spam seems to be increasing by the minute and this has become a major subject of concern for email marketers.
- A responsible email campaign involves carrying out email marketing by following certain guidelines, right from obtaining email lists to sending out mails.
- Permission based email marketing or opt-in email marketing can also be termed as responsible email marketing but not to that extent.
- Handing un-subscription requests at-least on a weekly basis
- So only in-case the permission based or opt-in email marketing has these qualities can it be considered as responsible email marketing.
- Getting email lists from email vendors is an easy thing to do, but is not recommended in the least.
- The best way to collect email addresses is by providing opt-in boxes on your websites, advertising in related ezines, websites, forums and blogs.
- Tell your customers what they will get in case they opt-in
- Single opt-in emails are those that do not require a re-confirmation.
- A double opt-in email on the other hand requires the recipient to reconfirm that he actually wants to receive the mails.
- For instance, after the recipient clicks on a check box, he receives a reconfirmation mail.
- Only if he replies the mail or clicks a link in the mail will he be added to the subscription lists.
- Carrying out email marketing in this manner will also make sure that you abide by the Can-Spam guidelines passed by the Federal government.